1.23.2006

Yarn renovation & recycling


It all started when knit-blogger (and beloved boytoy of knitters throughout the blogosphere), Franklin, started an Almanac-along to knit patterns from EZ's "Knitter's Almanac". I had to take a peek. I pulled out my copy. January's pattern is an aran sweater. Hey, I've got some yarn that would work. But it's the color of dirt. So I dyed it. Not taking hold. Went out in blizzard for more dye. It is now this odd heathery mauve. Ugh. I'm stopping with the dying. The cute blue sock yarn is from my pal Sandy who sells it at SandysPallette.com.


I finally cast-on for the Almanac Aran with some Tivoli Celtic Aran I've got laying around. Then realize I probably won't have enough. But John K. can try to pick up more for me in Cork, Ireland this week (talk about good timing!). No turning back now. It's Celtic Aran for the Almanac-along Aran!


AND THEN...Despite the fact that I have yarn blowing out the rafters here...I pick up some XXL sweaters at Goodwill and frog 'em, skein 'em, wash 'em and ball 'em. The green is lambswool from an Old Navy sweater and the nicest of the lot. I really should be using it for the Aran sweater. Ugh. As EZ would say, "Knit on!"