1.18.2006

knittin fool, again ;)

I made yet *another* scarf tonight, and I used a simple garter stitch, purled the end, and slipped on the first stitch of the next row for the pretty ends Dory taught me. However! This scarf is way longer than the last one, and I made them almost exactly the same way. Two similar scarves, same yarn, needles, cast on, everything...but seriously different outcomes. Hm.
I bought some circular needles and am learning how to use them. My stitches are ending up too tight. I will have to practice even more. The yarn is a really snazzy black chenille with sort of hot pink flecks of color through it. It's going to be a scarf for my co-worker Kim. I like it so far, and I like learning to use new needles as well. One of these days I'm going to have to felt something.