1.10.2006

Shelley & Martha poncho in Hospital

Shelley's been in hospital since Friday -- intestinal blockage. Possible recurrence of Crohn's disease. Pain. Puke. IV, drugs, colonoscopy. But still she is knitting. She even asked her nurse to put the IV in higher up her wrist so she can still knit up a chenille scarf. She couldn't form words but doggone it she did knit that sucka! Hope to have her home tomorrow or Thursday.

Shelley said in email today:

I'm able this morning to go and check email from the hospital cafeteria computers, and I feel human again due to Dory bringing me her Martha Poncho that I can wear in public areas.



Anyone who belittles the Martha poncho can take a size N crochet hook and stuff it. And it has been an indestructible, all-purpose garment of many uses. A poncho can slip over the head of a person on an IV drip (no sleeves!) and give them some dignity as they toddle down the hospital hallway. So there.