Yeah - I totally f#^*$ed up the tea cosy. I'm gonna have to start from scratch. A mental patient with an IQ of 3 (and no, I don't mean YOU, Michiel, why is it always about YOU! *grin*) could do better. It turned out like a lump of poo. Pure lumpy poo.
Bah.
So I had Yara go out and get some heavy yarn and I am making a scarf for her. I again redid the thing about 5 times, and spent many hours just finding new ways to mess it up. I began with a garter stitched sideways increase-decrease pattern, and I hated the ends. I tried to do the slip stitch on the ends so it'd look better and then it messed up the decrease side. Huh. So then I pulled it out and did just a straight garter stitch and I realized i don't like the way the line runs all through it, so I ripped it out again. I did k2 p2 ribbing on opposite sides, and messed up with the stitches after about an hour and had to pull it all out again. Then I did k1 p1 ribbing and then messed up again about an hour later, ripped it out again. I tried to tell myself I wouldn't worry about edging but then I hated it again and voila, I ripped it out again.
So.
What I've got now is a semi-decent k2 p2 thick ribbing (on a smaller needle this time) and nice edging. We'll see if I can finish the damn thing before I set it on fire.
=) I'd post a picture but I don't have a digital camera.
fin