
My suede poncho is in progress! I did the entire top half of the thing in the lattice pattern. I quite like it, except that I kind of fucked up the bottom when I was doing increases. It made a nice little pointy part in the front, but it looks crappy. I was tempted to pick up a crochet hook and fix it. More.
I now need to re-cast onto the bottom and do the rest in a stockinette, per the pattern. I hope it lies flatter than it is now, but I think it will once it's got the weight of the additional yarn to pull it down. I'm gonna need more yarn. I can definitely do some of the stockinette but I'm sure I'm going to run out. The first skein only took care of part of the lattice pattern, then I recast on with the second to work up the neck. It was so hilarious when I took the thing off the circulars. The um, neck was only so wide that it wouldn't even sit on my shoulders! I did a lot of decreasing and now it's perfect. I like it a LOT, and will more when I get more stitches on it. I even tossed in a couple of rows of knit to break up the lattice. It's really nice so far. The pattern from the Lion site was dead on. I did gauge testing and had to move to a bigger needle, and it was perfect. I used the new Needlemaster set, and expanded some cable to fit the whole thing on. It was super easy to switch cables once I did a lot of decreasing, too. Screw on, Screw off. Mr. Miyagi knits. I freaking LOST one of my connectors already, too. They're only microscopic and I can't see worth crap right now due to my meds. Blurry eyes and tiny metal things = I am going to be ordering some extras soon.